Friday, October 4, 2013

Dear loved ones,

Thank you so much for all the support through love, prayers, and letters.  I have really felt strengthened from all of your love and from the Lord!  I've only been here for a week, but I feel like I have learned so much already.  My friend Amber told me that serving a mission really changed her heart, and I am feeling that happen already.  I search the scriptures and apply them to my life more and I pray for help all day long.  It's amazing how things I've known my whole life are taking on a whole new meaning.  The more I learn about the gospel, the more I am amazed by how perfect everything in the gospel works together.  We were reading in 3rd Nephi 11 where the Savior comes and I just started crying because I felt the Savior's love for all His children so strongly.  But don't worry about me-- I don't cry all the time ;)

This week we said good bye to a district in our zone and just said hello to two more bringing our total up to four.  We all sit together at lunch and are becoming really good friends.  Only seven sisters in our zone are going to Knoxville-- I'm going to miss everyone else! It's crazy how fast things they get missionaries in and out.  It's hard to imagine myself out in the field in just a few days!  Today is p-day, the next two days are conference, and then a day more of class and then we're off!

The other day we met our TRC investigator and it was so fun to talk to her and hear about her life.  It made me SO excited to go to Tennessee and meet the people who live there.  I love hearing people's stories!  This lady moved from Guatamala to Los Angeles two days after she got married and she and her husband have been in the states for the last 30 years.  When they first got here, they worked more than full time and then went to English class for several hours after work everyday.  Their hard work has paid off and they have done quite well for themselves.  I'm excited to get the chance to teach and meet real people in a few days!

On Sunday the temple president came to talk to us and it made me even more excited to go to the temple today!  I'm really going to miss it for the next 18 months! It'll be neat to do a session at the Provo temple. 

I can't believe it's snowing in the mountains!  I'm hoping for warmer weather in Tennessee! I'm not ready for winter yet!  We were lucky to have a few days of warm weather-- when we went to walk around the temple on Sunday, it was such a nice day! 
Being at the MTC has been a great learning experience-- I love it!

Love,
Sister Hales
 

No comments:

Post a Comment