Monday, February 10, 2014

So---- the verdict is in: I'm getting transferred away from West Hills :(  I am packing up my bags and leaving on Wednesday.  We won't find out where we're going till they announce it over the pulpit at the meeting!  A little scary, but exciting at the same time! 
 
Some highlights from the week:
 
The Frasers stayed for all three hours of church this week!  We are so excited!  She told us that she wants to get baptized sometime this summer, but I think coming to church for the whole time will help her realize that she's ready to get baptized sooner :)  They are awesome!  
 
Joe got to pass the sacrament on Sunday!  It was so neat to see him coming to church regularly and continuing to progress in the gospel :)   I am really glad that I've been able to see Joe's progression from first knocking on his door to passing the sacrament yesterday.  It's been wonderful to see how the gospel has gradually changed him into a better man!  He and Brandon are here to stay! 
 
Sis Boggs and I sang "I Heard Him Come" on Sunday.  I loved the chance to look over the congregation and see the ward.  I knew pretty much everyone there and I love them all so much!  At the end of the song, I was getting a little choked up!  I'm going to miss them a lot, and I hope the best for all of them :)
 
I'm so grateful for the time I had to spend in West Hills!  I love this area so much!! It was a great transition into mission life because it's so "normal" here.  Hearing Sis Peck and Boggs talk about the country areas, it almost sounds like a different world!  Though I'm sad to be leaving all the wonderful people behind, I am excited (and a little nervous, but mostly excited) for the new adventures to come! 

No comments:

Post a Comment