Monday, May 19, 2014

The Joyces got baptized this weekend!!! We've been anticipating this day for a long time and it was such a special day.  I felt the spirit so strongly throughout the whole weekend.  It was so special that their extended family was able to come out and participate in the ordinances.  They were so grateful we helped their family be baptized and come back to the gospel.  It was very sweet of them, but I know that it wasn't anything we did-- this has been the work of a lot of missionaries, and members, and prayers over the years that has allowed the Spirit to soften their hearts and be ready for this message.  They are such a wonderful family!  They are very excited to be members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and to continue their journey of learning and progressing in the gospel. 

We had zone conference this week which was a spiritual feast!  As I was studying the questions of the soul (chapter 5 in pmg), a question that one of our returning members had was there and I am excited to help him see how the Book of Mormon will answer his questions!  My testimony of the Book of Mormon and Preach my Gospel are growing all the time.  Both are such inspired books.  I know that they are true!

We've been trying hard to work with the members on their family mission plans more and have helped several people start their own and we will be following up with them soon.  Abingdon ward is really great! 
Thank you for all the love I felt on my birthday!  It was great to feel the love from my family and friends back home and here in the ward.  I hope you are all doing great!

No comments:

Post a Comment