Monday, October 20, 2014

Hello everyone!

Fall is in the air!  Well, about half the time anyways ;)  But summer is officially gone and we are not sweating all the time!  The leaves are slowly starting to turn and we are all anxiously awaiting the day the leaves decide to not be green anymore!  Knoxville is a beautiful place and has gorgeous skies.  Everyday we are caught off guard by how beautiful the sky is!  It's different everyday too!  I'm glad I get to serve in such a beautiful place!

This week we got to go on exchanges with the sisters we live with and had a blast!  It was fun to serve with Sis Nelson again!  We got news that she is being transferred this week and we will definitely miss her.  However, she got called as a new sister training leader so I will get to see her every month!  I knew all the sisters who got called as new STLs so it'll be fun to know more people at the next MLC!  

While on exchange we were walking home and it was starting to get dark. I could faintly see a man walking across the street and before I know what I'm doing, I holler at him and he comes over to talk to us and he invites us back!  It was definitely the spirit that talked to him because I normally do not talk to random strangers on dark roads at night.  The crazy things you do as missionaries!  But we went over and taught him and his wife the restoration and we had a really good lesson with them.  He is very open to learning more!  He committed to study and pray about the Book of Mormon!  But his wife is a little more reserved and doesn't quite see a need for more scripture, but she said that she will try to have an open mind.  I see a lot of potential for their family!  

It's great to see how Heavenly Father helps us in all phases of the work!  

I love you all!

Emily went to the Knoxville art museum with some of the sisters in her zone last P-Day.

This is the Mona Lisa made out of spools of thread.

Emily and Sister Lee

Sister Lee with the Google maps car

No comments:

Post a Comment