Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Hello! 
This week ended on a great note-- HG Fouse Jr. got baptized!  We met him at "Greendale home for the aged" and he started asking us all these questions so we started teaching him the gospel and one month to the day of our first lesson, he was baptized.  He has so much faith!  The baptism was a spiritual event as well as the confirmation the next day.  There weren't very many people there, but everyone who came was so kind and loving toward HG. 
The person who was going to give the talk about the Holy Ghost forgot to come so Sister Cox stepped up and gave a great talk.  That morning during companionship study, we couldn't decide what we wanted to role play, so we drew from a jar that has all the principles in preach my gospel.  Tiffany pulled out the gift of the Holy Ghost.  If that isn't a sign that God is aware of us and what's going to happen in our lives, I don't know what is!  It was so neat to see Sis Cox up there so calm and collected bearing her testimony and teaching the gospel.  She has grown so much since she's been here! 
On a sad note, our ward mission leader is moving out to Utah today so we got to help their family clean their house as they are getting ready to head out.  I'm still in denial-- I'm pretty sure I'll see them at church next week (I wish!).  But our new ward mission leader is Bro Gestewitz who has helped us a lot with the Joyce family.  I am really excited to work with him!  I hope the change will help shake things up in Abingdon and help us continue to progress the work. 
I always love attending baptisms for several reasons.  1- I always feel  part of the love that Heavenly Father has for His children and how happy He is that they  made this important first step.  2- it reminds me how grateful I am that I was baptized into Christ's church and for all the blessings His gospel has given in my life.  3- My testimony is always strengthened that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints really is Christ's original church brought back to the Earth in its fullness and it shows us the way to return to live with Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ and our families for eternity.  I know that this gospel is true and I love having the opportunity to share that with people! 

Sister Cox, HG, and Sister Hales

No comments:

Post a Comment