Monday, July 28, 2014

I am getting transferred this week :(  I'm definitely having bitter sweet feelings.  I love Abingdon, and I'm really going to miss all the wonderful people I have met here.  But I know that the Lord will send me where He needs me, and I'm looking forward to seeing what my next assignment will be!

In honor of pioneer day we watched Legacy-- twice!  (It is Sister Cox's favorite movie that we are allowed to watch right now!)  I am so grateful for all the faithful saints who sacrificed so much for the gospel.  It helps strengthen my testimony as well. 

Here's a miracle we saw this week:  We taught Sid the restoration and we were a little nervous about extending a baptism commitment since he had expressed frustration with previous missionaries shoving baptism down his throat a year ago (which is why he stopped taking the lessons).  But we invited him anyways as the Spirit prompted and he said he'd join if he found out it was true!  He reads from the Book of Mormon and loves it!  When we met with him again, he told us that he told his friend Shawn (who referred him to us) that he was planning on getting baptized in the near future!  We set a date of September 13th to prepare for.  He has some word of wisdom concerns to overcome, but if he puts his mind to it, nothing's impossible with the Lord's help!  

We celebrated another holiday this week-- Christmas in July!  When we got home on the 24th we pulled out the Christmas tree that was under the stairs and set it up in our living room.  I thought it would be way fun to sleep under the tree so we dragged our mattress down the stairs (looking back, it would have been easier to just take the tree upstairs... oh well!).  We listened to Christmas music while making ornaments for our tree.  It was so much fun!!! On the 25th I read the Christmas story in Luke, and got to play Christmas songs in district meeting. Even though it was kind of goofy, every time I hear Christmas music, the spirit of Christ comes so strongly.  It was great to spend some time remembering the birth of our Savior.  

I love you all! The next time you hear from me, I'll be in my new area!  Here's to new adventures and new friends!  

No comments:

Post a Comment